Monday 4 October 2010

TEACHER'S PRAYER by Allan Ahlberg

Let the children in our care
Clean their shoes and comb their hair;
Come to school on time- and neat
Blow their noses and wipe their feet.
Let them, lord, not eat in class
Or rush into the hall en masse.
Let them show some self-cotrol;
Let them slow down; let them stroll!


Let the children in our charge
Not be violet or large;
Not be sick on the school-trip bus,
Not be cleverer than us;
Not be unwashed, loud or mad,
(with a six-foot mother or a seven-foot dad).
Let them, please, say 'drew' not drawed';
Let them know the answers, lord!

7 comments:

  1. I saw this poem in school and it was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really funny and discribes really stressed teachers and my mum gets very depressed so I can see what teachers got to cope with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teacher read this at school! It's Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I was looking for this poem all day,for an assignment. Finally found it, happy me

    ReplyDelete